Mako Shark Tooth and Malachite Necklace
Malachite: The Stone of Protection
Malachite was popular with the Romans and ancient Egyptians.
It was used in jewelry and as eye shadow in the powdered form.
The stone is said to protect the wearer from evil.
- Delicate polished gemstone chips
- 18" Necklace
- 1.125" Fresh Mako tooth focal point
- Burnished crown for a dramatic effect
- Finished with a gold tone barrel swivel clasp
- Gift boxed
- Handcrafted in our Florida studio
The Maori word for shark is "Mako".
Polynesians believed the shark to be a spirit animal which guarded them from danger.
Mako teeth are prized by the Maori people and are worn as jewelry by tribal leaders and warriors for protection.
You will receive a necklace similar to the photograph.